ABOUT THIS EDWARDIAN PROMENADE
Evangeline started this blog in 2007 primarily as a place to share snippets of her research, but it soon morphed into a full-blown history blog. The primary focus is on the social history of Great Britain and America between the years 1880 and 1920, but there are occasional jaunts to other countries to give a global context to the period. Technically, the Edwardian era is a period in British history lasting from 1901-1910, but not only did Edward VII leave a lasting impression on high society from the moment he came of age, but his esprit permeated the world–plus, she likes the symmetry of a forty-year period. As of now, the movement of Downton Abbey into the 1920s has pushed the focus of the blog towards the Bright Young Things era, but its heart belongs to the Edwardians.
STAFF & CONTRIBUTORS
- Evangeline Holland – the founder and primary blogger
- Diana S – intern, history buff, and graphic designer
- Rachel P – intern, history buff, and author liaison
HOW TO USE THE SITE
There are three ways in which to keep track of new and updated posts:
- Subscribe via email (do so at the section on the left)
- Subscribe via RSS Feed
- Like Edwardian Promenade on Facebook.
- Subscribe via Bloglovin.
The Facebook page is also linked to my Twitter account so that any post I make on the actual page will send a tweet to @edwardian_era. Unfortunately Facebook takes you directly to whatever I’ve linked to (a YouTube video, other blog, article, etc), so you must visit the actual page to leave comments or read my entire post.
- Types of Books Profiled: Fiction and Non-Fiction with a strong emphasis on the 19th and 20th centuries. If the book is not set between 1880 and 1930, Edwardian Promenade is not a right fit.
- Self-Published Books: Accepted, but must be professionally edited and packaged.
- Formats Accepted: E-book and Print, though e-versions preferred for fiction. If small press or self-published, ebooks free of territorial restrictions and/or DRM preferred.
- Disclaimer: Submitting a book for profile or review is no guarantee it will be featured on the site.
- Interviews: Rachel is Edwardian Promenade’s author liaison, and if interested in being interviewed on Edwardian Promenade, please fill out THIS form.
- All advertisement is handled through a safe and legitimate secondary source. Passionfruit Ads allows self-serviced advertisement. As soon as the ad is uploaded and paid for, it is held in moderation for approval, after which it appears on the site for the duration of the advert. Visit the Advertise page for more information.
- As with books & DVDs, only advertisement pertaining to the time period between 1880 and 1930 are applicable.
- Disclaimer: Placing advertisement is no guarantee of a profile or review (favorable or not) either here or on secondary sources (Amazon, Goodreads, social media, etc).
Read the entire policy here. First time comments are usually held in moderation, so don’t freak out if your comment doesn’t immediately appear. For casual searches, the Search Engine capacity, categories, monthly archives, tags, and Link Within make it easy to browse my old posts. I think that’s all I need to cover for now, so go on and read!
DISCLAIMER & PRIVACY
Edwardian Promenade by Evangeline Holland is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at edwardianpromenade.com.